Full Service DITY Contest Terms & Conditions
By entering this Contest, contestants accept and agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. All decisions of the Sponsors (as defined below) regarding this Contest are final and binding in all respects.
- This Contest is sponsored by PCSgrades and Shyft (the “Sponsors”)
- This Contest begins and runs through when all submissions must be received
- 1st and 2nd Place = 2 grand prize winners will each receive a free full-service DITY move, including packing, transporting, and unloading for a stateside-to-stateside PCS.* Each grand prize winner will also receive 300,000 Radisson Rewards Americas points courtesy of Radisson Hotels Americas
- 3rd and 4th Place will each receive $1,000.00 gift cards courtesy of The Home Depot and each will also receive 300,000 Radisson Rewards Americas points courtesy of Radisson Hotels Americas
- 5th Place will receive a $750.00 gift card courtesy of The Home Depot and also receive 300,000 Radisson Rewards Americas points courtesy of Radisson Hotels Americas
- 6th Place will receive a $750.00 gift card courtesy of The Home Depot
- 7th and 8th Place will each receive $500.00 gift cards courtesy of The Home Depot
- This Contest is open to individuals who are (i) at least 18 years old as of the date of submission, (ii) active military member (including Guard/Reserve) or the spouse of an active military member (including Guard/Reserve), and (iii) not an officer, director, member or employee of any of the Sponsors or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Contest, or the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), or persons residing in the same household, as such individuals, and (iv) this contest is also open to the general public, at no expense, and can be entered by submitting the entrants favorite PCS story in accordance with these contest rules and regulations in writing via [email protected]. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
- Non-employee volunteers of organizations participating in the judges panel are eligible to participate in this contest
- This is a contest and not a lottery or a sweepstakes
- To enter, contestants must submit a review on PCSgrades.com along with their favorite PCS story
- All submissions become the property of the Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned
- Submissions must be a maximum of 500 words in length
- Contestants may submit multiple stories which will result in multiple chances to win, but each submission must be accompanied by a unique review
- Contestants may only win a single prize
- Winner selection will be determined by the Sponsors on or about 15 September 2021.
- Any potential winner will be notified by mail, email and/or telephone. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, does not respond within five (5) days from the date the Sponsors first attempt to notify him/her, and/or the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Contest or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Contest, including without limitation the execution of any required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, such individual will be declared the “winner” of the Contest.
- All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility
Details for All Contest Winners
Prize winning stories will be selected by a panel of judges based upon the following criteria:
- Entertainment value
- Inspirational value
- Emotional value
- Meeting the contest rules as outlined in this document
- Spelling and grammar are not part of the judging criteria
If you are selected as a winner, you must provide a copy of your PCS orders with the following information blacked out prior to receiving the prize
- Middle name/initial
- Last name
- Social security number
- All winners will receive a PCSgrades t-shirt
- Winners from a higher prize tier can choose a prize from a lower tier, but not vice versa. This would most likely apply if a grand prize winner has already completed their PCS.
Winners must sign waiver/release to allow their submission and contest experience/details to be released to the public.
No personally identifiable information (PII) will be shared publicly beyond:
- Service branch
- Status as military member or spouse
- All contestants with qualifying story submissions are eligible to receive a $500.00 discount on moving services through Shyft.
Requirements for Grand Prize (1st and 2nd Place) Full-Service Move Winners
- Moves will be via Shyft and/or a moving company within their network (the “Mover”).
- Expenses will be paid by the Sponsors to the Mover. This will not be a reimbursement to the prize winner.
- Prize winners must give the Sponsors permission to receive weight tickets from the Mover.
- Origination and destination locations must be within the 50 states and not to or from any destination outside the United States.
- Moves to or from Hawaii and Alaska are limited to a total expense of $25,000.00. Any moving costs in excess of $25,000.00 will be at the winner’s sole expense.
- There are no distance restrictions for origination and destination locations from any of the continental United States (lower 48). However, weight limits shall not exceed those established by the DoD. Any weight limits exceeding the maximum DoD thresholds shall be at the prize winner’s sole expense.
- PCS moves must be completed following the announcement of prize winners and prior to 15 March 2022
Requirements for All Remaining Prize Winners (3rd through 8th place)
- Winners must have completed a move within 6 months prior to award selection or will complete a move within 6 months after award selection
- If a winner does not wish to take delivery of the grand prize, or the Sponsors determine that they cannot timely deliver a grand prize for any reason, including without limitation due to legal restrictions, a force majeure event or any other reason, the winner may elect to proceed with the move at their own expense using the Mover and subsequently receive a one-time lump sum payment in the amount that was paid to the Mover (the “Cash Alternative”).
- The Cash Alternative shall be paid within twenty (20) days after the completion of the move by the Mover and the winner’s completions of the releases and other documentation described above. No additional prizes or compensation of any kind will be provided to the winner if the winner elects the Cash Alternative.
- The winner must advise the Sponsors in writing on or before ten (10) days after receipt of notification of the award selection as to winner’s election to take the Cash Alternative. If the winner does not timely notify the Sponsors in writing that the winner is electing to accept the Cash Alternative by such date, then the winner shall forfeit the opportunity to elect Cash Alternative, and the winner will automatically receive the grand prize. The winner’s decision between accepting either the grand prize or Cash Alternative cannot subsequently be changed by the winner for any reason.
Consent and Release
By entering the Contest, each contestant releases and discharges each Sponsor and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Contest, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, transferees and assigns (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Contest, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”). Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of a prize constitutes the consent of any winner, without further compensation, to use the name, likeness, and submitted story of such winner for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes by each Sponsor or others authorized by such Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Contest and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; and (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release. Affidavits and releases must be returned within ten (10) days from the date that Sponsor first attempts to notify the potential winner. If winner is deemed to be a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who must execute the necessary affidavit and release.
(i) Submissions that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at the Sponsor’s servers or elsewhere, will not be eligible. In the event of a dispute, submissions will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of submission. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) The Sponsors, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any person tampering with the submission process or the operation of the web site. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. (iii) The Sponsors further reserve the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Contest, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this Contest based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. (v) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, WITH RESPECT TO THIS CONTEST. (vi) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH CONTESTANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms & Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Contest will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in San Antonio, Texas. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Contest and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.Go Back